DxO ViewPoint is a streamlined OS X application designed to help photographers restore proportions and rectify exaggerated volumes in their pictures.
DxO ViewPoint comes with an intuitive interface that provides the necessary tools to fix keystoning, correct distortions and restore the natural proportions in your photos.
Furthermore, DxO ViewPoint can be used as a stand alone application or as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
DxO ViewPoint 2 is the brand-new version of DxO Labs’ volume deformation and perspective correction software which can be used as a standalone application and as a plugin for Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Photoshop® Elements®, and Adobe® Lightroom®*. The major new features of DxO ViewPoint 2 include automatic distortion correction using DxO Optics Modules, manual distortion correction, a new 8-point perspective correction tool, and compatibility with Apple® Aperture®. This tutorial will cover both automatic and manual correction of distortion, and will touch on other corrections such as volume deformation (formerly referred to as “volume anamorphosis”) and perspective (formerly referred to as “keystoning” ) in order to abtain optimal-quality results. In version 1 of DxO ViewPoint, users were advised to use the distortion correction features of their host applications; with this new version, it is no longer necessary to do so. DxO ViewPoint 2 can handle all of the current and future DxO Optics Modules that are or will be available in DxO Optics Pro.
DxO ViewPoint 2.0.0 Build 75:
- DxO ViewPoint 2 includes an exclusive new tool for fixing convergent lines in even the most complex images. For perfect images, the software also uses the precision of DxO Optics Modules to correct optical distortions. Increasingly versatile, DxO ViewPoint 2 extends its compatibility to include Adobe Photoshop Elements and Apple Aperture.
- Based on DxO Labs’ exclusive correction technologies, DxO ViewPoint 2 offers simple visual tools that let users easily and efficiently correct two phenomena that frequently confront photographers who shoot with wide-angle lenses: volume deformation of subjects on image edges, and convergent lines.
- With just one license, DxO ViewPoint 2 can be used as a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, Adobe Lightroom, and Apple Aperture, and as a standalone application for Mac and Windows.
- More natural perspectives:
- DxO ViewPoint 2’s simple, visual tools let users easily fix all kinds of perspective problems. The software now offers a new, exclusive 8-point mode that lets users fix any convergent line in the image, regardless of its position.
- Further, a new “Natural” setting shortcut lets users adjust the intensity of their image corrections to achieve a more realistic look in just one click.
- New distortion correction feature:
- Benefitting from all of DxO Labs’ expertise in lens analysis, DxO ViewPoint 2 now corrects distortion.
- Thanks to DxO Optics Modules, users can automatically apply corrections that are perfectly adapted to their equipment. Developed in the laboratory following an exclusive calibration procedure, DxO Optics Modules contain extensive information about the characteristics of each combination of camera and lens. This unique database, which today includes nearly 15,000 Optics Modules, enables DxO ViewPoint 2 to automatically provide high-quality corrections for each type of distortion.
- Users can also manually correct all the different kinds of distortion — barrel, pincushion, and fisheye — regardless of the photo equipment they use.
- Advanced cropping feature:
- By default, DxO ViewPoint 2 offers an automatic cropping feature that lets users preserve image proportions for a more natural rendering after applying corrections. The software now also offers a cropping mode that gives access to the entire image. The residual darkened zones can be easily resolved using editing software, thus allowing photographers to more freely maximize the image field.
· 64-bit processor
· 2 GB of RAM memory
· 400 MB of hard drive space