Dropshare is your very own secure file sharing tool. Dropshare is a menu bar app that enables you to drag & drop upload files, screenshots and even directories to your own server to share them with anyone you like. No longer have your shared files on servers provided by companies you don’t even know – easily set up Dropshare and share whatever file you like by only drag&dropping it on the menubar icon, securely saved on your own server. To have Dropshare working correctly, you have to have a server of your choice and a working SSH user account at your disposal. Dropshare works with Secure Copy (SCP over SSH), therefore either a password (for keyboard authentication) or a private key (for public key authentication) is required.
- Easy file sharing with your own server
- Login (SCP over SSH) via password (keyboard authentication) or private key (public key authentication)
- Uploads every file and even directories (which will be compressed prior uploading)
- Optionally automatically uploads screenshots taken with OS X and copies the sharing URL to your clipboard
- History of recent uploads including preview images in the drop down menu
- Dropshare Sync: Dropshare Sync is a dedicated service provided by Dropshare for Mac which enables you to synchronize your upload history across all your devices. With this feature, you're able to access your combined all time history no matter which Mac you're using.
- Some of you have requested to have the old automatic screenshot upload back, so we're introducing the "Legacy Mode" with this release. Enjoy!
OS X 10.9 or later