Droplr is the easiest way to share images, documents, files & links.
Drag and drop something on Droplr’s icon in the menubar, or use Droplr’s keyboard shortcut to upload it to Droplr. Droplr will let you know when it has been uploaded and copy a link to your clipboard that you can paste in to emails, instant messages, Twitter, Facebook, etc…
Note: You must first sign up to use Droplr.
The keyboard shortcut can also perform actions depending on what app you’re using. Viewing a cool photo in iPhoto you want to share? How about a contact in Address Book? Or maybe a design in Photoshop you need to quickly get feedback on? Droplr’s plugins integrate with your favorite apps to make sharing from anywhere painless.
Have a note to share? Droplr handles many different text uploads including markdown notes, plain text & code snippets with syntax highlighting and line numbers.
Sharing screenshots has also never been easier. With a custom keyboard shortcut, Droplr will let you take a screenshot with OS X’s screenshot tools you’re already familiar with. Droplr will then upload the screenshot and give you the link, all without the screenshot file cluttering up your desktop.
Droplr is designed to stay out of your way but always be ready for when you need it.
- Keyboard shortcuts for faster access to uploading.
- Custom keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot and automatically uploading it in the background.
- Easy to understand menu with options for viewing past drops, copying links, opening a drop & deleting a drop.
- Thumbnail previews of your images in Droplr’s menu.
- View tracking – see how many people have viewed your drops.
- Native text handling – makes sharing notes and code snippets incredibly easy and fun.
- Many plugins to integrate with your favorite apps.
- Growl support if you’d prefer it over Droplr’s notifications.
- Cloud-based Web application to manage all your drops and account options.
Version 3.0.1:New Features:
- Use Apple’s new Notification Center for notifications on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Ability to upgrade to Droplr Pro using Apple’s In-App Purchasing.
- Retina Display support for Apple’s new MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Exposed default hotkey action (opt+d) in main menu.
- New global hotkey for composing a note.
- New menu item to open the file browser to select which file(s) to share.
- New contextual (cntrl-click) menu item in Finder to share selected file(s).
- New ‘Share with Droplr’ action in the global services menu.
- Removed Textile and Plain Text from the notes. Now defaults to Markdown.
- Added syntax highlighting and Markdown formatting to the note composer.
- New confirmation when a file has been deleted.
- New popover actions for quickly acting on a drop from the menu. These include:
- Twitter: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion users will get Apple’s new Twitter integration for posting drops on Twitter.
- Facebook: Share a drop on Facebook.
- Email: Email a drop to friends, family and co-workers with your default email application.
- Privacy: Droplr Pro subscribers can now change a Drop’s privacy directly from the menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented drag & drop from Stacks in the Dock.
- Improved speed of menu when CPU intensive tasks running in background.
- Fixed small delay when snapping a screenshot.
- Fixed bugs when no keyboard shortcut is defined.
- Dragging files that exceed the size limit will now result in the proper error message.