Double Commander is a cross-platform open source file manager with two panels side-by-side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas. Here are some key features of Double Commander:
- Unicode support
- All operations working in background
- Multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface
- Custom columns
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax highlighting
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
- File operations logging
- And much more…
- [Default] Start exe from command line should not inherit cashed PATH variable (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [Default] Double commander causes Dual-GPU MacBook Pro to switch to high-performance graphics (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [Graphical user interface] Search dialog doesn't find anything if it's shown for the first time (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [File operations] After cancelling rar unpacking, the .rar file remains locked (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [File operations] After cancelling extraction from paused state, the partially extracted file is locked, and thus cannot be deleted or overwritten (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [File operations] It's not possible to read some files (file names) from FTP destination . (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [Graphical user interface] После повторного выбора вида "Эскизы" переключается на "Подробный" (Alexx2000) resolved.
- [File operations] Moving directory does not preserve the directory timestamps (Alexx2000) resolved.
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor