DivX introduces the latest codec and enables high quality DivX HEVC video creation and video streaming with existing DivX tools. Based on the newest video compression standard, DivX HEVC strives to deliver up to 50% better compression than its H.264-based predecessor, DivX Plus HD.
DivX 10 is the first software of its kind to integrate support for HEVC video across its products, including Player, Web Player and Converter–providing a free, all-in-one solution for HEVC video.
- DivX Player delivers real-time, high quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded video up to 1080p
- DivX Web Player enables efficient HEVC video streaming featuring progressive playback and download in your browser
- DivX Converter offers free, simple conversion to DIVX, MKV, MP4 and includes including new DivX HEVC 720p and 1080p video profiles
Free components include
- DivX Player
- DivX Web Player
- DivX Converter
You can purchase the optional DivX Pro for $19.99, which allows conversion of DVD’s to DivX.
- HEVC encoding improvements in DivX Converter
- Improved playback of the .mkv files on Chromecast
- Responsiveness of the DivX Media Server service was improved on Mac OSX
- Enhanced thumbnails handling in Media Server
- DivX Converter now provides more robust network files handling
- DivX Cloud Connect features were refined
- Usability improved for DivX Player snapshot feature
- Installation module provides better support for Unicode environments
- Playback on ROKU has been fixed
- Other bug fixes
- Dropbox import/export functionality might not function properly on Windows XP.
- DivX Web Player doesn’t work in Chrome/Chromium and Opera Web browsers due to NPAPI API removal.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor