Disk Drill is a Mac data recovery software designed natively for Mac OS: easily protect your files from accidental deletion with Recovery Vault and recover lost data from Mac disks. Most of storage devices, file types and file systems are supported. You can recover deleted files from iPhone and Android devices! Disk Drill offers helpful and free tools for disk management like duplicate file finder, byte-to-byte backups, disk cleanup and space visualization, bootable data recovery drive, disk health monitoring, etc.
When something is deleted Recovery Vault makes it possible to recover not only the file itself, but also its properties, such as original file name, location, etc. So you will always be able to recover data from Mac files system (HFS/HFS+) and FAT32 partitions. Disk Drill also includes powerful S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring right out-of-the-box; you can monitor your disks’ hardware status and get automatic notifications of potential failures or other issues. If a disk or partition is failing, you can easily backup it into a disk image (DMG) which can later be mounted for recovery.
Disk Drill PRO also features a number of advanced scanning modes for data recovery of FAT, NTFS, HFS/HFS+, other file systems and formatted (initialized) drives. Using Quick Scan you can locate deleted items on FAT and NTFS disks, this scanning method is fast and accurate, but is unlikely to find data deleted long ago. With Deep Scan you can try to recover data from any disk or memory card regardless of their file system. This recovery method is long and thorough, it scans your disk in a binary mode and is capable of finding deleted files even after formatting.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.8.5 or later.
- iOS data recovery for iPhone and iPad
- Bootable disk creation for data recovery
- ExFAT and EXT4 support
- Android recovery (rooted or USB mass storage mode only)
- Tolerant reading of GPT partitions improves lost partitions recovery
- New file signatures for Deep Scan: .epb (EP Budgeting files), .rt (Rich Text document), .mlv (Magic Lantern Video Wrapper File for DSLRs), .ipt (AutoDesk Inventor CAD), .aaf (Advanced Authoring Format multimedia file), .tib (Acronis True Image), .enex (Evernote XML notes)
- Better handling of orphaned and lost files in HFS+ Catalog Rebuild
- HFS+ Extraction added to the family of other HFS+ Healing Algorithms - now locating lost HFS partitions more reliably
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Duplicate finder module helps free up extra disk space
- Faster byte-to-byte disk backups
- Create byte-to-byte disk images of Android devices
- Improved mounting of scanning results as disk
OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor