Desktop Tidy automatically keeps the files on your desktop out of sight but close to hand with a convenient menu bar user interface. Your desktop is a convenient and easy place to dump all your commonly used files but it doesn’t take long to turn into an unsightly and disorganized mess. Rediscover your wallpaper with Desktop Tidy.
Out of Sight. Still at Hand.
Periodically tidy any files on the Desktop into the Shadow Desktop folder and your desktop will always be clear of clutter. Direct access to your files via the menu icon – open files, delete, reveal in Finder or restore them back to the Desktop for simple and convenient access to the files that have been tidied.
Direct access to your files via the menu icon – open files, delete, reveal in Finder or restore them back to the Desktop for simple and convenient access to the files that have been tidied.
Files can be filtered to make everything easy to find; hide older files, group them by type, by folder or sort them alphabetically. An empty desktop with everything perfectly organised and just a few clicks away.
Everything is fully configurable so Desktop Tidy works just how you want it to. Tidying frequency can be configured, from every minute up to once a week.
- Ignore List allows specific files or folders to remain on the Desktop
- Shows you how much disk space the files in your Shadow Desktop occupy at a glance
- One click restore moves files back to the Desktop and adds them to the Ignore List
- One click function to reveal any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop in Finder
- One click function to move any file or folder from the Shadow Desktop to the Trash
- Desktop Tidy can be configured to ignore aliases, folders or hidden files automatically
Version 2.1 (472):
- Window Tidy now available for distribution outside of the Mac App Store
- Trial version now available
- Removed Growl notifications and integrated with Notification Centre
- Minor bug fixes
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor