Desktop Ghost Pro instantly hides or shows all files, folders, and app icons on your messy desktop. You don’t need to move all the files on your desktop to take a screen recording or a screenshot anymore! Temporarily hide your messy desktop with Desktop Ghost and unhide it when you’re ready!
- Instantly hide and show all files on your desktop
- Optionally run Desktop Ghost Pro as a menubar extra application for easy access
- Hide/Show your desktop items from the standard window or the menubar
- Easily set Desktop Ghost Pro to run when you log in to your Mac (optional feature, disabled by default
- Items dragged onto the desktop after a hide operation can be seen (unless you press the hide button again
- Use Global Hotkeys to show and hide everything on your desktop without using the mouse
- Minor improvements.
From the last update
- Added a "View Desktop Contents" button to main window. Now you can view files on your desktop even when they are hidden in a separate window.
- You can now right click the desktop in Finder and show and hide files using the new Desktop Ghost Pro Finder Sync extension (to use this feature, you must enable the Finder Sync extension in System Preferences).
- You can open Desktop Ghost Pro's preferences window when running the app as a menubar application; you no longer have to open the main window first.
- You can tell Desktop Ghost Pro to exclude files that are on your desktop from participating in show and hide file operations.
- The icon image in the menubar is now larger.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor