Desk is a premium writing experience for all types of writers.
Whether you’re a casual enthusiast, the weekend writer, blogger, or digital publishing professional, you’ll find Desk to be a much-needed breath of fresh air.
Designed to marry both function and form, it is the desktop publishing client that you’ve always wanted: Simple, intuitive, powerful, and fast.
Fall in love (again) with writing via an app that helps you focus and concentrate on what matters most: Your thoughts as they coalesce into written form.
Then publish them to your own digital property and blog. We currently support the following publishing platforms:
• WordPress (self-hosted and .com)
• Blogger / Blogspot
• Squarespace (Post via Email)
• Movable Type
• Facebook Notes
More are being added soon!
## Focused Writing Experience ##
Focus on what matters the most and remove everything else.
• Clean, simple, and a true distraction-free interface
• Use our streamlined WYSIWYG editor or Markdown, at the same time!
• Shortcuts for maximum speed (Formatting, Publishing, and more)
• Assortment of writing modes (Full-Screen, Transparency, Day & Night, Floating)
## Sync & Backup ##
Whether you’re on the go or connected to a fiber line you’ll be ready when inspiration strikes.
• Save your work locally with powerful “Offline” mode
• iCloud integration for maximum portability
• Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
## Powerful Publishing ##
Manage multiple blogs, platforms, and more.
• Access, edit, and update existing posts and drafts
• Drag-and-drop images right into the editor
• Support for embedded media (YouTube, Vimeo and more coming soon)
• Integration with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, Movable Type, Typepad, and Facebook Notes
• Custom features for each publishing platform (e.g. Featured images, categories, tags, custom slugs/URLs, labels, and more)
• “Quick Publishing” for even greater speed
• Preview mode with real-time updating
## Organization & Utility ##
Your content, your way.
• Real-time meta information (Character and word count, Time to Read)
• Search and replace, dictation, spelling, grammar, and more
• Powerful use of native OS X capabilities
• Export as HTML, RTF, PDF, DOCX
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor