Day One is the easiest and best-looking way to use a journal / diary / text-logging application for the Mac. Day One is well designed and extremely focused to encourage you to write more through quick Menu Bar entry, a Reminder system, and inspirational messages. Support for Dropbox syncing allows easy backup and syncing with the Day One iPhone application.
- Customizable reminder system
- Quick-entry via the menu bar
- Inspirational messages to encourage writing
- iPhone application sync (via Dropbox)
- Starred entries list
- Touch Bar support for new MacBook Pros.
- Improved Command Line Interface (CLI): Support for multiple photos, multiple journals, and lots more.
- Option-Arrow didn't move cursor between paragraphs.
- Markdown footnotes didn't work properly.
- Some images in entries showed CSS code.
- Timeline didn't render line breaks after headers.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor