Day One is the easiest and best-looking way to use a journal / diary / text-logging application for the Mac. Day One is well designed and extremely focused to encourage you to write more through quick Menu Bar entry, a Reminder system, and inspirational messages. Support for Dropbox syncing allows easy backup and syncing with the Day One iPhone application.
- Customizable reminder system
- Quick-entry via the menu bar
- Inspirational messages to encourage writing
- iPhone application sync (via Dropbox)
- Starred entries list
- RTL support in read and edit views and PDFs. (Proper and complete RTL is coming soon!)
- Menu bar quick entry now uses the time that you hit save, not the time that it opened.
- Timeline/photos/map/calendar buttons missing for Yosemite users.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor