Max is a visual programming language for the specialized needs of artists, educators, and researchers working with audio, visual media, and physical computing.
Discover a new landscape of sonic possibilities
With MC, objects and patch cords contain multiple audio channels. MC will transform how you imagine sound design, effects processing, and mixing. It might be the closest thing to a mind-expanding drug Max has ever had.
Experience noticeably faster performance
For Max 8, we profiled real-world, messy patches to discover what we could optimize. You’ll notice the difference the moment you launch the application.
Control your patch with hardware — no patching required
We are pleased to announce the release of Max 8.1. This update brings initial Mac OS 10.15 Catalina support and “darkmode” window toolbars on Mac. We’ve also decided to include jit.mo in the distribution as a “factory” package (it has a few improvements as well). Additionally, the Inspector has been improved to have a “per-object” view (among other things). Be sure to take a look at the change log below for the complete details of improvements in this release.
- BEAP: Bugfix update to v1.0.3
- install: improved Mac startup time (don't check validity on externals in Max's resources folder)
- jit.gl.slab: fixed read message
- jit.grab (AVF): fixed crash when device removed and getformatlist queried
- jit.playlist: fixed issues when reloading patches with texture output and implicit drawto
- jit.world: maintain connection to matrix only object on patcher load
- Jitter: setting attributes with attrui does not crash
- jsmaxobjlistener, jsparameterlistener, jsparaminfoprovider: added to Windows installer
- jsparaminfoprovider: improve getinfo dictionary
- live.banks: add/remove buttons work
- Parameter: ensure dictionary ordering in patcher JSON
- Parameter: fixed undo issues with stored only pattr objects
- Patcher Windows popup in Toolbar: fixed crash when selecting some patchers
- Patcher: transparent notitle windows work even when enabletransparentbgwithtitlebar is off
- pattrstorage: ensure savemode respected when object is freed
- Snapshots: fixed restore issues with some patches
- VIDDLL jit.movie: fixed non-HAP texture alpha channel usage
- VIDDLL jit.movie: position attribute does not trigger playback
macOS 10.11.6 or later, 64-bit processor