Crunch is a simple yet powerful utility to extract the content of iOS application files (.ipa or .app file extension). The result is exported in a folder and then you can browse in the Finder any file present in the application package.
- Export iOS application material:
- Export all the resource files.
- Export bundled icons.
- Reverse the optimization on PNG images and preview them on your Mac (Xcode needed).
- Batch operations: Drop a folder of applications onto Crunch to export them all.
- Export options: keeps the folders hierarchy, only export the highest definition images (retina).
- Smart filters to export some kinds of files: images, media, bundled icons.
- Bundled icons can be rounded automatically at the perfect radius.
- Make images from iOS Application icons:
- Create icons from 16 pixels to 512 pixels.
- Style Presets — original flat icon with or without rounded corners, decorated: icons rendered with shadows, glows and strokes.
- Applications Browser:
- Automatically finds apps from your iTunes library.
- Browse all the apps and filter them by platform — iPhone, iPad, or Universal.
- Use the Zoom Slider to preview the icons up to their original size and reveal all the crazy details in the icons.
- Quick Look iOS applications:
- See iOS applications with awesome thumbnails in the Finder.
- Display full-size application icon in the Preview Panel.
- Retina Display:
- Ready for High Resolution: Text and images look sharp on a Retina Display, the UI has been optimized to take the advantage of the High Resolution.
- Ready For Mountain Lion:
- Gatekeeper Friendly (Developer ID).
- Ready for High Resolution (Retina Display) for both the Application and the Quick Look Plugin.
- Support of Application Icons up to 1024 pixels (previously, it was 512 pixels). PS: Starting in July, submitted iOS apps require high-resolution icons with a minimum resolution of 1024 pixels.
- The iTunes Artwork window has been refreshed to easily preview the icons.