Cornerstone allows you to take control of Subversion with a client application that was specifically designed for Mac users. Cornerstone integrates all of the features you need to interact with your repository and does so in an elegant and easy-to-use fashion.
Whether you’re new to versioning or a Subversion expert, Cornerstone will help streamline your workflow and make version control more transparent.
- Combines the elegance of the Mac with the power of Subversion.
- Perfect companion to Xcode, BBEdit, TextMate, Coda, etc.
- Use Subversion without having to install it on 10.4 Tiger.
- All-in-one UI mode optimized for use on laptops and other small displays.
- Multiple-window UI mode optimized for use on desktop systems with large (or even multiple) displays.
- And much much more.
The trial version will expire after 14 days. A single-user license costs $59 and may be used by a single individual on up to 2 computers.
Version 2.6:Version 2.6 is a free upgrade for all Cornerstone 2 license holders running Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7. Please note that 2.6 does not run on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- External Merge Tools Can be Used to Resolve Conflicts in Text Files
- Apple FileMerge, Araxis Merge, Deltopia DeltaWalker, SourceGear DiffMerge and Perforce P4Merge can be used to edit and resolve conflicts in text files. Cornerstone will default to using Apple FileMerge, but the user can choose their preferred tool from the Cornerstone preferences in much the same way as was already possible for external compare tools.
- When resolving conflicts using an external tool, My Changes (i.e. .mine) is treated as the original file (normally displayed on the left) and Latest in Repository (i.e. HEAD) is treated as the modified file (displayed on the right).
- The Last Update file (i.e. BASE) is treated as the common ancestor (displayed between or below the other files) and the results of the merge are saved to the working version.
- Full Screen Mode is Supported on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion:
Cornerstone’s main window now supports full screen mode when running on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- A new Enter Full Screen item was added to Viewmenu (key equivalent Cmd+Ctrl+F). The command, which is disabled on 10.6 Snow Leopard, toggles toExit Full Screen when the main window is in full screen mode.
- Full Support Added for File Externals:
Cornerstone has always supported working copies with svn:external folders, and Cornerstone 1.5 improved this support with the addition of the externals editor. Cornerstone 2.6 builds on this foundation by adding support for file externals, specifically:
- The correct status is displayed for file externals in the working copy browser and inspector.
- A number of issues were fixed that prevented external files from being compared correctly.
- The externals editor now allows files to be selected from the open panel displayed for theCheck out from field (but only from the same repository as the that from which the declaring folder originated).
- Committing Folders Containing a Large Number of Added Files is Now Significantly Faster:
In previous versions of Cornerstone, committing a large number of added files (e.g. 1,000) resulted in a long pause before the commit view was displayed.This has been rectified in Cornerstone 2.6.
- Working Copy Refresh Performance was Improved
The performance of working copy status checks performed whenever Cornerstone performs or detects a change in a working copy was improved by about 20%.This may not be noticeable on newer Macs but should be significant on Macs with slower processors.
- Unversioned items can now be committed when selected
Previously, the commit command was disabled when an unversioned item was selected. This is no longer the case.
- Name field was added to the Repository Statussection of the Inspector:
A new Name field was added to the Repository Status section of the Inspector displayed for working copy items. This displays the name of the selected item in the repository, which may differ from the name of the item on the local file system.
- Added Copy URL menu alternate to source list’s working copy menu:
Holding down the Option key when the source list’s working copy context menu is displayed causes theCopy Path menu item to be replaced by Copy URL. This command can be used to copy the complete URL for the working copy to the clipboard for pasting to another application.
- Cornerstone is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Note that 2.6 isnot compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Cornerstone 2.6 is fully backwards-compatible with 1.5 and 2.5. All configuration and settings are transparently migrated to version 2.6 when the new version is run for the first time.
- The Cornerstone 2 configuration databases are forward-compatible with 1.5, i.e. you can run versions 1.5, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.5 and 2.6 against the same configuration databases in your
- It should be possible to open conflicted files in FileMerge to perform a 3-way merge for conflict resolution. (#948)
- Cornerstone crashes due to a Subversion assert when a server name containing upper case characters is entered in the “Add Repository” window. (#983)
- Cornerstone’s main window should support full screen mode on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. (#1183)
- Information inspector pane incorrectly displays a gutter for the vertical scroller when running on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. (#1189)
- Cornerstone is very slow to display the commit view when the selected change set contains a large number of unversioned files. (#1191)
- The Commit command is disabled when an unversioned file is selected, even if the “Before committing…” preference is set to automatically add unversioned files to the working copy. (#1194)
- Cornerstone’s externals functionality should be improved to provide full support for individual file externals. (#1195)
- Renaming or moving an external folder results in an error. The rename and move commands should be disabled for external folders. (#1197)
- An error is displayed when right-clicking a repository item displayed in the working copy browser that doesn’t exist locally when “Show Repository Status” is enabled. (#1200)
- The original name of a working copy item in the repository should be visible in the Inspector. (#1209)
- Layout of the Lock window is irreversibly broken when the window is reduced to a small size. (#1211)
- Attempting to overwrite a folder under version control (e.g. by dragging a folder onto Cornerstone from Finder) results in an overwrite prompt being repeatedly displayed. (#1212)
file:///into the Add Repository sheet results in the path popup field displaying “Macintosh HD – (null)” (#1213)