Compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Customize output settings, work faster with distributed encoding, and tap into a comprehensive set of delivery features.
Powerful Encoding for Final Cut Pro
- Use Compressor to customize encoding settings available in Final Cut Pro.
- Choose from a wide array of codecs, sizes, frame rates, and other parameters.
- Save your custom settings in Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro.
- Share settings with other editors, even if Compressor isn’t installed on their workstations.
Time-Saving Encoding Workflow
- Experiment freely with encoding options, using real-time feedback in the Preview window.
- Find exactly the setting you need in just a few clicks in the updated settings library.
- Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files.
- Build batch templates to combine encoding with tasks such as moving or copying files.
- Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease.
Industry-Standard Encoding Support
- Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Add chapter markers for discs or podcasts distributed on iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV.
- Encode to a broad range of industry-standard formats, such as MPEG-2, H.264, and ProRes.
- Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step.
- Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, or PNG image sequences and encode them to any setting.
- Tap into advanced encoding features for adding closed captioning, metadata, and more.
Pristine Format Conversions
- Convert any file from its source format to another format, such as NTSC to PAL or SD to HD.
- Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks.
- Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime.
- Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple cores and workstations.
- Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a cluster node for distributed encoding.
- Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a Compressor cluster for output processing.
- Activate QuickCluster for dynamic configuration of nodes based on available resources.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.12.4 or later.
360 VR delivery:
- Encode 360° video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
- Share 360° video directly to YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo
- Export 360° video files with embedded industry-standard spherical metadata
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic formats
High Dynamic Range:
- Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video with controls for color space conversions and HDR metadata
- Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, and Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10
- Easily convert HDR to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) video
- Support in the iTunes Store Package to link a Dolby Vision graded video file to a Dolby Vision XML
- Encode video in the High Efficiency Video Coding format (HEVC, also known as H.265) for file sizes up to 40 percent smaller than H.264 while preserving the same visual quality*
- Create a custom HEVC export setting in Compressor and use it in Final Cut Pro
- Send Final Cut Pro and Motion projects to Compressor to encode video in the HEVC format
- Create a self-contained HEVC droplet for drag-and-drop encoding on the desktop
- Encode MXF files with support for a wide range of codecs and parameters
- New MXF presets include AVC-Intra, D-10 / IMX, ProRes, and XDCAM HD in a variety of frame rates and resolutions
- Support for ProRes and 10-bit Uncompressed video within an MXF container
- Support for HDR video in an MXF container
OS X 10.11.4 or later, 64-bit processor