CodeRunner is the easiest way to write code on your Mac. You can run code in almost any language instantly, and you’ll be surprised by the powerful set of features in such a lightweight and easy-to-use editor.
- Edit and run code in AppleScript, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Shell
- Fully-featured editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, color themes, intelligent bracket matching and more
- Editable code presets for new documents eliminates the need to keep writing main methods etc.
- Full encoding support, custom run/compiler flags and more
CodeRunner 2 is a complete overhaul of the original app, and introduces major new features and improvements across the board. You’ll love CodeRunner 2’s slick interface, ease of use, and powerful editing features. Major changes include:
- Revamped syntax highlighting. CodeRunner 2 now uses TextMate syntax definitions, which provide better syntax highlighting and support for many more languages. You can even install your own syntaxes.
- Revamped code completion. CodeRunner 2 features fully-dynamic code completion with fuzzy search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
- Improved multi-file run support. CodeRunner 2 does a better job running multiple-file projects.
- TextMate theme support. You can now use the popular TextMate theme format in CodeRunner 2.
- Revamped templates. CodeRunner 2 features vastly improved template functionality, including multiple and dynamic templates. It’s now super easy to create classes, document structures, etc.
- Improved extendability. With CodeRunner 2, you can now import and export languages. This makes it easy to share your custom languages with others, or download languages from the web.
- Text editing improvements. CodeRunner 2 contains many new text editing features, such as the symbol navigator, better indentation support, improved behavior under source control, word-completions and more.
- Run statistics. You can now keep better track of your code while it’s running. CodeRunner 2 displays live CPU and memory usage, in addition to spent CPU time once your code is finished running.
- Bundled compilers. CodeRunner 2 now includes the compilers necessary for running C and C++ code, so you don’t need to have Xcode installed for these languages.
- Yosemite support. In addition to loads of UI enhancements, CodeRunner 2’s look and feel now integrates seamlessly with OS X Yosemite.
- Fixed an issue preventing App Store migration from completing correctly
- Fixed an issue with debugging using gdb on macOS Mojave
- Changed the default debugger to lldb instead of gdb for C, C++, and Go
- Added the ability to show the full debugger log if the debugger fails to attach
- Fixed an issue preventing the jQuery library from loading in some situations
- Dragging and dropping a file onto the console now properly escapes spaces and meta-characters in the file path
- Backward compatibility fixes for older versions of macOS
- General fixes and improvements
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor