CodeRunner is the easiest way to write code on your Mac. You can run code in almost any language instantly, and you’ll be surprised by the powerful set of features in such a lightweight and easy-to-use editor.
- Edit and run code in AppleScript, C, C++, Java, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby or Shell
- Fully-featured editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, color themes, intelligent bracket matching and more
- Editable code presets for new documents eliminates the need to keep writing main methods etc.
- Full encoding support, custom run/compiler flags and more
CodeRunner 2 is a complete overhaul of the original app, and introduces major new features and improvements across the board. You’ll love CodeRunner 2’s slick interface, ease of use, and powerful editing features. Major changes include:
- Revamped syntax highlighting. CodeRunner 2 now uses TextMate syntax definitions, which provide better syntax highlighting and support for many more languages. You can even install your own syntaxes.
- Revamped code completion. CodeRunner 2 features fully-dynamic code completion with fuzzy search, tab-selectable placeholders, and documentation snippets.
- Improved multi-file run support. CodeRunner 2 does a better job running multiple-file projects.
- TextMate theme support. You can now use the popular TextMate theme format in CodeRunner 2.
- Revamped templates. CodeRunner 2 features vastly improved template functionality, including multiple and dynamic templates. It’s now super easy to create classes, document structures, etc.
- Improved extendability. With CodeRunner 2, you can now import and export languages. This makes it easy to share your custom languages with others, or download languages from the web.
- Text editing improvements. CodeRunner 2 contains many new text editing features, such as the symbol navigator, better indentation support, improved behavior under source control, word-completions and more.
- Run statistics. You can now keep better track of your code while it’s running. CodeRunner 2 displays live CPU and memory usage, in addition to spent CPU time once your code is finished running.
- Bundled compilers. CodeRunner 2 now includes the compilers necessary for running C and C++ code, so you don’t need to have Xcode installed for these languages.
- Yosemite support. In addition to loads of UI enhancements, CodeRunner 2’s look and feel now integrates seamlessly with OS X Yosemite.
- Support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro
- Improved state restoration; previously open windows, documents, and associated states are now fully restored between app launches
- New indentation preference makes it easy to set a preferred indentation without modifying each language configuration separately
- Smarter behavior of the tab and backspace keys when dealing with spaces-indentation
- Expanded support for character encodings, and improved automatic detection of encoding when opening documents
- Indentation of wrapped lines in the editor to reduce clutter
- Fixed an issue with debugging using GDB on macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Print now includes syntax highlighting and line numbers
- More neatly organized list of open documents under the Window menu and when right-clicking the Dock icon
- Ability to initiate running of code when right-clicking a tab
- Text find shows the number of occurrences and highlights all results
- Wrap lines preference affects the console in addition to the editor
- Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor