CodeKit helps you build websites faster and better.
Live Browser Reloads:
Instantly see changes in your browser, with animation and without hitting the refresh button or installing plugins. Great for tweaking layouts!
Combine and Minify:
Losslessly reduce JPEG and PNG file sizes with one click and see the savings. One less thing to do at deployment. (More compression options coming soon!)
JSHint and JSLint:
Makes debugging scripts fun and easy. Instantly find that one hanging comma that kills IE, or enforce coding styles and best practices across teams.
Sync project settings across teams and computers in an open JSON format. Keep everyone on the same page or easily jumpstart new sites.
Keep just one copy of a file on your drive and easily use it across many projects without worrying about file paths. No more copying files into every new site.
It Just Works:
There’s nothing to install or configure. No mucking around the command line. Just run the app and start working. It’s that easy.
The FSEvents Bug: Killed. Maybe.
- So you know how CodeKit sometimes can't see file-changes because of a bug in Apple's FSEvents API? I've spent five days discussing this with Apple Engineering. They've given me a fix, but they're not completely sure it's going to work. (So...kinda like WiFi in Yosemite.) This update has the fix in it. If you still find a folder that's not responding to file-changes, quit and relaunch CodeKit. If that doesn't fix it, please contact me so I can berate tell Apple.
- The Assets area has been tweaked to show more information about components
- You can now search by the
git://address of a component, as well as by owner, URL, keyword, name and description.
- The 'All Components' tab now lists literally every component you can possibly install with Bower--dead or alive. Some of the ones that 404 are actually, magically, still installable. (Previously, I pruned the 404-ed components.)
- You'll see lightning bolts next to some components. These are components that are registered with Bower, but are NOT in the online search results at bower.io/search. Many of these components are dead and will fail to install. Many are not. Good luck!
- Compiling a Sass file with lots of warnings could cause the Compass compiler to hang and never finish. This is no longer true.
- This update includes Libsass 3.2.2, which was released 15 hours after CodeKit 2.3.7 which was released 15 hours after Libsass 3.2.1 which was released 15 hours after CodeKit 3.2.6 which was released 15 hours after Libsass 3.2. See you in 15 hours.
OS X 10.8 or later