Coda is a powerful Web editor that puts everything in one place. An editor. Terminal. CSS. Files.With Coda 2, we went beyond expectations. With loads of new, much-requested features, a few surprises, and a seriously refreshed UI, this update is, truly, major.
- Integrated file browser.
- Fully-featured text editor.
- CSS editor.
- Built-in terminal.
- Complete set of references.
- A “Search” filter has been added to the Files tab
- The path bar is now truncated to your local / remote root path
- Port, User, and IdentityFile in ~/.ssh/config are now parsed for SFTP connections
- Option+Return will now open files in the active tab/split via keyboard
- Added Japanese localization
- Added a LESS mode. (If you installed a third-party mode, you might wish to delete it.)
- Significantly improved stability on Mac OS X 10.6
- Hopefully improved the reliability of iCloud
- Improved the reliability of AirPreview
- Improved private key reliability for SFTP connections
- Web preview more reliably catches external CSS changes
- PHP rendering will no longer break after saving in some circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the location of the document cannot be determined
- Fixed an exception when attempting to clone a Git repository
- Fixed issues with code folding
- Now possible again to add/edit a search URL for a custom book
- No auto-mark for publishing after ejecting site
- Save As no longer also saves to FTP in some circumstances
- Git push/pull buttons are no longer gone after a commit
- Fixed a Git error when trying to clone a site to a non-existent directory
- Checkout to Revision now works more reliably for Git
- Code validation improved when collapsed
- New Tab and New Split subitems now have unique names so shortcuts can be assigned
- SSH key selector button now shows hidden files
- The connect button in Sharing is now active
- Clips can no longer lock up when moving them into a group
- Right-clicking in icon view no longer clears the selection
- Using the keyboard to navigate through tabs now properly scrolls the tabs
- Worked around mod_sftp server issue where permissions would be set to 000 when opening
- Fixed a situation where named placeholders could not be named properly
- The mysterious iCloud panel is now disabled on Mac OS X 10.8
- SCM operations now update the publishing queue
- “Refresh” menu item and keyboard shortcut now works in SQL view
- CMD-F now properly focuses filter boxes
- Viewing page source while previewing in iPad/iPhone frames now renders correctly
- The Color pop is now shown for “border-color”
- Dragging a remote file tab is now more useful
- SCM operations when offline no longer create a string of errors
- Invisible files now show up in Find Files results
- The “Port” is now saved properly in SQL site configurations
- Custom book images no longer get stretched in the toolbar icon
- Fixed an issue where the Clips editor window could appear far offscreen
- Fixed various crashes, exceptions, and annoyances!