Cocktail is a general purpose utility for macOS that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. It is a powerful digital toolset that helps hundreds of thousands of Mac users around the world get the most out of their computers every day.
The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot-mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
- Added ability to thin or delete local Time Machine snapshots (System - Time Machine) - If you are using Time Machine with an external disk, Time Machine will keep a copy of the latest backups. This is done to ensure that all changes to files and documents will be backed up even when you're not connected to your Time Machine disk, however it can take up significant amounts of disk space. Cocktail can thin (purge) or completely delete local backups (called snapshots) and free up the space used by Time Machine. Warning: By deleting local Time Machine snapshots you reduce the effectiveness of your backups and you risk losing data.
- Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may fail to purge inactive memory
- Improvements on the "Perform essential system maintenance" procedure
- Improvements on the "Clear Spotlight caches" procedure
- Improvements on the "Clear Mail caches" procedure
- Improvements on the "Clear Siri caches" procedure
- Updated Automator actions
- Updated Help files
macOS 10.13 or later