Chikoo is a file organizer for the Mac.
- Multiple libraries: Create as many libraries as you want and organize whatever files you want in each. For example, organize your articles in one library and movies in another.
- Custom attributes: Chikoo does not limit you to a fixed set of hardcoded attributes. For example, organize your articles with respect to the author’s father’s name, or your movies with respect to the director’s pet’s date of birth. It’s all up to you.
- Type groups: Organize the file extensions of your files into groups of your choice. For example, put the file extensions “mov” and “mp4” into the “Movies” group, and “jpg” and “png” into the “Images” group. This feature can be useful when organizing multiple types of file within a single Chikoo library.
- Lists, smart lists, and list folders: Chikoo libraries have a sidebar in which you can add regular lists, smart lists, and list folders — much like playlists in iTunes.
- Library folders: By default, Chikoo leaves files at their existing locations when importing them into a library. But you can also associate folders of your choice with a library, and have Chikoo automatically move or copy files into any of them upon import. With Chikoo, you have complete control over where your files are located on the filesystem.
- Quick Look: Press the space bar to Quick Look your items, just like you do every day in the Finder.
That’s not all. Watch our screencasts and download the trial to learn more!
- Completely rewritten from the ground up: requires OS X 10.10 or later.
- Adds the ability to create multiple libraries.
- Adds new columns and pane for various filesystem attributes (file name, path, size, date created, and date modified).
- Adds the ability to import entire folders (i.e., import all files found when recursively traversing a given folder).
- The "Chikoo folder" concept has been replaced by more general (and optional) "library folders."
- In smart lists, texts can now be filtered using more operators, including new length-based operators.
- In smart lists, dates can now be compared against today’s date.
- The built-in Name column can now be hidden.
- Underlying extensions of type groups can now be more conveniently seen by moving the mouse over the Type column while holding down the Option key.
- The name can now be synced to the file name, and vice versa.
- Adds the ability to relocate multiple files at once based on their last known file names.
- Libraries (i.e., the metadata) can now be located anywhere on the filesystem.
- Support for the retina display Macs.
- A brand new app icon.
- Redesigned to look great on OS X Yosemite.
- Chikoo now runs in sandbox mode, a security feature highly recommended by Apple for Mac apps.
- A multitude of other improvements and bug fixes.
OS X 10.10 or later