Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you’re under deadline to finish a project: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you’d spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system’s data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment’s notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
- Fixed an issue that would prevent CCC's User Agent from finding updates to CCC.
- Minor improvements to error handling related to creating snapshots.
- Animations are now reduced for 10.12+ users that are using the "Reduce motion" setting in the Accessibility preference pane.
- Improved performance of the "Find and replace corrupted items" checksumming pass on systems that have exceptionally fast storage.
- Fixed a edge-case couple crashing issues.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor