Canvas Draw is a powerful software specifically designed to make it possible for small business owners, designers, illustrators, and professionals to advertise and communicate with confidence.
Canvas Draw comes loaded with tools and techniques that allow you to easily create marketing or business materials, as well as creative content, printable drawings, and shareable PDFs. Put Canvas Draw to work designing brochures, collages, business cards, school projects, cover pages, handouts, printable advertisments, reports, graphs, metrics, web content, mock-ups, layouts, logos, scale drawings, floor plants, architectural designs, and other drawings best served with measured precision, placement, and the ability to combine text, images, and objects.
- Off to the Races
- Perceptibility in a Palette – The Document Layout palette hierarchically lists–and provides easy navigation to– all the various objects, layers, and pages that are within each project. By using th list, you can easily slect any text, illustration, or image objects. The ability to add new pages and layers to your project and other content management options can easily be accessed at any time.
- A Helping Hand – Never lose your way with context-sensitive help built right into the application. When you select a tool or function, the help immediately responds to you. The Canvas Assistant will guide you through a project as you work, offering information when a tool or feature is being used, as well as describing the current working environment.
– From the moment you open Canvas Draw, the new dialog provides instant, one-click access to working document templates, sample document to play with, as well as blank illustration and publication documents with fully customizable options.
- Floating palettes can be collapsed or expanded.
- Recently-used inks listed in the Presets palette can be cleared on demand by clicking the Clear button below the list.
- Toolbar can be hidden in non-Full Screen mode by selecting Window | Hide Toolbar.
- Fixed bug in which closed Bezier curves created in a certain way would display negative area values or "n/a".
- Fixed bug in order to ensure areas of open Bezier curves and polygons will not be displayed.
- Fixed bug in which Canvas Draw would stop responding after undoing a SpriteLayer effect on an object.
- Fixed bug in order to ensure the Paste command (via command + V) will not be applied on locked layers.
- Fixed bugs with Paste In Front of Selection and Paste In Back of Selection commands.
- Fixed bug in which the recently-used ink list in the Preset Palette did not update correctly when the palette was popped from the Toolbox.
- Fixed bug in which values are always rounded up with non-English language regional settings, e.g. French Canadian.
- Fixed crash when closing Cameras & Scanners dialog box after having selected an image (El Capitan).
Supported File Formats:
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF, WBMP
- When clicking the Font menu (Text | Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Slide show transitions set in Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as "Unknown".
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- The Type palette does not have the Style tab.
- Drop Caps feature is not available in the Indent tab of the Type palette.
- When navigating from one page to another, if you want to keep the zooming state on each page, deselect the Fit to Window checkbox in the Functionality Options of the Preference dialog box.
- Copy & Paste in RTF will not work from places like the Chrome web browser, which does not copy texts in RTF to the clipboard.
- PDF - Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths even if you select Embed subset for the Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Character and paragraph styles in the Type palette are not supported.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Hiding the Toolbar in Full Screen mode is not supported.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor