Calibre is a complete e-book library manager. Organize your collection, convert your books to multiple formats, and sync with all of your devices. Let Calibre be your multi-tasking digital librarian.
Manage, convert, sync, and more
- Library management. Calibre keeps things orderly by creating single entries for books that contains multiple formats. Add tags and comments for better searchability.
- Format conversion. Calibre’s robust conversion options support
- Amazon metadata download: Allow downloading amazon metadata from multiple sources. You can now configure the Amazon plugin via Preferences->Metadata download to use either the amazon servers, or various search engine caches to get the metadata. Should help with the recent CAPTCHA problems when downloading metadata from amazon
- Kobo driver: Add support for new firmware
- Edit Book: Spell Check dialog: Always add the original word as one of the spelling corrections, so that small edits to the word can be made easily.
- Edit Book: Saved searched Dialog: Allow re-arranging the saved searches using drag and drop.
- Implement auto update of built-in metadata download plugins, just as for recipes and Get Books plugins. Needed as the websites they get data from often change.
- Edit Book: When inserting full screen images, use the actual image dimensions in the generated SVG code, when available
- Linux installer: Check that the umask is suitable before running the installer. Should fix breakage on systems where users have changed the user umask but neglected to also alter it for sudo
- Bulk metadata edit: Remove the control to delete specific formats as it is redundant. This functionality is already present by right clicking the Remove books button
- TXT Input: When detecting the encoding of txt files only use the first four kilobytes of text. Fixes excessively slow conversion of very large text files.
- Get Books: Fix price not being displayed for books from Amazon dues to website changes
- GetBooks: Update Google Books plugin for website changes
- E-book viewer: Fix slow startup when recently opened files are on a slow/malfunctioning networked filesystem.
- Google metadata download: Fix metadata not being found when the title of the book includes a sub-title
- Improve downloading of covers from the google books metadata source
- News download: Fix a bug that could cause a crash when downloading an SVG image.
- Edit book: Fix a regression that caused pasting copied text from programs that generate both HTML and plain text when copying to paste the HTML in preference to the plain text
Improved News Sources
- The Economist
- Kansas City Star
- The Spectator
OS X 10.7.2 or later, 64-bit processor