Calca is a powerful symbolic calculator that updates as you type, giving you instant answers. It solves equations and simplifies complex expressions. It is also a rich Markdown text editor so that you can explain your ideas alongside your calculations.
Calca is perfect for professionals and students – anyone who works with numbers and equations. Variables and functions can be created with only a few keystrokes and can be manipulated with a rich library of operators and functions. All calculations are stored as plain text so you can easily share them with other editors and move them from device to device. Calca has been designed to work with iCloud documents so all your devices can access your calculations – you’ll always have the latest files ready for viewing and editing.
- Variables “x = 42”
- Functions “f = 9/5*c + 32” and even recursive functions
- Solves equations (“x + 2x + 4x = 42”, what is x?)
- Matrices with inverses so you can solve linear equations
- Sum, prod, map, and reduce operations on lists, matrices, and ranges
- Trigonometry and complex numbers
- Derivatives of functions
- Logic operations and if statements
- Binary math (& and |) and support for binary and hex number (“0xA9” and “0b1010”)
- Keeps track of units (m, s, m/s, m/s^2, etc.) so you can verify your equations as you compute
- Plotting! Easily draw and analyze 2D line graphs. Open Help -> Plots to see examples.
- Quick Entry allows you to perform Calca calculations from any app using a global hot key.
- Fixed bouncing text in longer documents.
- Insert '=>' by hitting just Cmd + Return.
- New min, max, and filter functions.
- Many bug fixes and improvements.
OS X 10.6 or later