BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac which plays nicely with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Sign In to Chrome, and Opera Sync. (Ours are the only non-Apple apps which can modify Safari bookmarks without corrupting iCloud data.) It can be used in one of three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Google Chrome’s Sign In. Bookmarks added to these apps on your Mac will show up in these apps on iOS or Andriod devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, iCab, Roccat, Pinboard, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with tags, hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects, duplicates, can upgrade insecure bookmarks and remove URL cruft.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple user profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- In a document’s Settings > Clients > Show Advanced Settings for Brave, Canary, Chrome, Chromium, Epic and Vivaldi, in Special Settings > launch browser during syncs, the choice Never has been removed from the popup menu, and upon running this version for the first time, any such Never settings in existing documents will be changed to Automatic. This is because the current verisons of Chrome and Vivaldi no longer sync properly if bookmark changes are made while Chrome or Vivaldi is not running and their Sync is in use. The other browser/clients do not offer syncing so it does not matter for them at this time.
- Fixed some bugs which could cause misbehavior when opening documents under some conditions.
- Fixed bug introduced in version 2.9.11 which caused landing new bookmarks into the root to silently fail.
- Help Book documentation has been updated…
- Covers support for the Brave web browser which was added in the last version.
- Clarifiies that the Chromium browser we support is FreeSMUG’s Chromium.
- Sign in to Chrome is now referred to by its new name Chome Sync (Thank you, Google, for renaming your service to read like a noun and reducing it to two words!)
- No longer describes the controls available for iCloud > Safari, Firefox Sync, Chrome Sync, Vivaldi Sync, and Opera Sync, since the developers of these browsers have now made their documentation good enough that we can instead link to them.
- Clicking the Dock Menu, Status Item (menulet) or typing the global Keyboard Shortcut while Brave Browser is the frontmost app no longer displays an error message, and landing new bookmarks from Brave via these mechanisms now works.
- License Info window text now displays properly in Dark Mode.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor