BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud’s Safari syncing, Google Chrome’sSign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Restored ability to export a large number of changes to Opera, and added capability to export a large number of bookmarks to Firefox, Chrome and Vivaldi while they are running, although this is still not recommended. (Large exports to Opera have failed since our version 2.5.3, when we removed the direct sync capability due to impracticality in Opera 48+. The remaining coordinated sync capability had always been limited in size. This new version, together with Version 42 of our BookMacster Sync extension which all users should now have, removes that limit.
- Plays better with iCloud when exporting to Safari in the older macOS 10.12.
- Now behaves more efficiently and robustly when importing from or exporting to Safari. If no problems occur, completes the process without unnecessary waiting. If rare problems occur, silently recovers and retries more quickly.
- Fixed a condition which caused Error 325844 occasionally.
- Corrected a bunch of references in Help Book and a few other messages which still referred to the old
.bkmslffile extension which was replaced back in version 2.5 with
- Error 64215 now contains a underlying error which indicates why.
- Fixed a bug which affected syncing if user has enabled a document’s Settings> Clients > Advanced Settings for Chrome > checkbox Create a Reading/Unsorted. The bug caused an extra unnecessary syncing operation under the hood, and in recent versions, this extra operation would overwrite recent changes from other browsers.
- Fixed sorting by domain, host, path document setting, which appears to have been not performing for a long time.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash instead of presenting Error 298441 or 398441 if something went wrong and timed out while exporting to Safari.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor