BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud’s Safari syncing, Google Chrome’sSign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Fixed several misbehaviors which could occur when exporting to Safari when user’s Safari bookmarks have been upgraded by Apple to the new CloudKit protocol.
- Added two fixes for users of macOS 10.12, which seems to temporarily lose track of items after moving one. This can result in failure of the export with either Error 772031 Could not find a movee (if an item was moved into limbo after its original parent was removed) or Error 772032 Could not find movee’s new parent (if an item is moved into a moved folder). It is possible that this fix may also eliminate, in macOS 10.13, the occasional retrial which occurs under the hood after a few seconds, when an export to Safari initially fails.
- Fixed bug which could be seen particularly if new item(s) were added to the root, causing the export to fail with Error 772031 or 772032, indicating Could not find a movee or its new parent.
- Now succeeds when exporting to Safari a bookmark which was imported from Firefox as a Live Bookmark (RSS), if user’s Safari bookmarks have been upgraded by Apple to the new CloudKit protocol, instead of failing with Error 772030.
- Improved a performance bottleneck when exporting to Firefox.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash or failure to export to Safari if the exporting document did not have a Bookmarks Menu in its Settings > Structure.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor