BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac, which plays nicely with iCloud, Sign In to Chrome, and Firefox Sync. It can be used in three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud’s Safari syncing, Google Chrome’sSign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Fixed a bug from 2.3 which would cause bookmarks Comments to be overwritten during a manual import from Firefox while Firefox was running, which was preceded by a manual export to Firefox while Firefox was not running.
- Fixed a bug in 2.3 which, when syncing, could cause the second of two browsers to not trigger when bookmarks where changed.
- Fixed a bug which caused the document window to end a Verify operation with a empty sidebar if there were only a few bookmarks to verify.
- The Verify Progress view now appears in a sidebar instead of a drawer. (This is to conform to latest Apple Human Interface Guidelines, eliminate warnings in System console, and avoid future macOS bugs driven by Apple’s neglect of no longer recommended features.)
- Restored importing and exporting of bookmark Shortcut attributes (as Keywords in Firefox) with Firefox, when Firefox is not running. This has apparently been broken in recent Firefox version(s).
- When importing and exporting with Safari, now properly imports and exports the recently-discovered (and almost undiscoverable) Description attribute, and maps it to our Comments. Also, no longer clobbers a couple of other recently-discovered attributes (previewTextIsUserDefined and imageURL), which Safari would replace later.
- Now supports the current (sandboxed) version of OmniWeb 6.0. (Imports and exports bookmarks from OmniWeb’s sandbox.)
- Fixed bugs in the Settings and Reports tab of the .bkmslf document (main) window which caused the segmented controls at their tops to sometimes shift horizontally off center after certain sequences of tab selections
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor