Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you, wherever you are.
- Automatically obtaining PDFs for PubMed references works again. This function had been broken by changes made by PubMed.
- Copy Hypertext Link As Text is a pop-up menu option in the floating citations window
- When a PDF from the watch folder is attached to an existing reference the modification date of the reference will be updated
- Tab-delimited files exported from Bookends will include the names of attachments
- Minor cosmetic changes in the Inspector floating window
- Minor cosmetic improvements to the Bookends tab in the Microsoft Word ribbon
- Fixed a problem where the DOI found on a web page had the wrong encoding.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from removing a color label.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Edit - Copy Hypertext Link as Text from switching to the linked app, if any.
- Fixed an issue where some menu options were inappropriately enabled when editing a reference.
- Added more accented characters to the BibTeX conversion table.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Term List window to be dragged when clicking and holding the
- Action pop-up menu. Fixed a bug where the old Word Add-in wasn't removed if Word was open.
- Fixed a bug in the Chicago 17th A format. Fixed a bug that prevented the groups pane from being resized.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Link menu from checking the linked app if it was first in the list. Fixed a memory leak that could affect performance.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor