Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you, wherever you are.
- Back and Forward commands have been added to the PDF viewer.
- If Automatically Resize is inactive, a PDF's zoom level will be remembered when switching between references.
- New AppleEvents have been added that let you get and set the contents of multiple reference fields at once, set reference Types, and get the Bookends version number.
- Bookends will import the Status field in a Sente XML file to User19.
- Option-clicking on the Online Search button forces Bookends to open the Online Search window with Bookends Browser selected.
- Updated automatic downloading of PDFs from PubMed Central to deal with changes made by PubMed.
- Window -> Reset Window Position can be applied to any window that appears in the Window menu.
- Updated Open PDF with PDFPen to work with currently shipping versions of PDFPen.
- Bug fixes.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor