Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you, wherever you are.
- New PDF viewer with search, markup, and annotation.
- Tight integration between PDF notes and the Bookends note stream.
- Move groups between folders with a hierarchical menu.
- Watch folders work when the default attachment folder is not on the boot HD.
- Use AppleScripts to set the contents of a field.
- Bibliography generation is faster.
- Set text output style (e.g. Styled Text, BibTeX, HTML, etc.) in Preferences, Scan & Bib tab.
- Worked around a Mendeley XML incompatibility with EndNote XML so that reference Types are imported correctly.
- The keyboard shortcut for Autofill From Internet has been changed to Shift-Command-A.
- If Bookends can't find an assigned attachment folder, the factory default folder will be used.
- JSTOR search and Autocomplete Paper were updated to deal with changes made by JSTOR.
- The number of references you can import from Google Scholar at once has been reduced from 50 to 20.
- Updated Google Scholar parsing to deal with changes made by Google.
- Existing font styles will be preserved when pasting decomposed Unicode text into a text field.
- Smarter handling of Title Case.
- New menu item Refs -> DOI -> Copy DOI.
- Bug fixes.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later