Bookends is a full-featured bibliography/reference and information-management system for students and professionals.
Access the power of Bookends directly from Mellel,Nisus Writer Pro, or MS Word (including Word 2011): Bookends allows you to scan your existing word-processor files and automatically generate finished manuscripts with properly formatted bibliographies. You can also scan Apple Pages ’08, ’09, and 5, and OpenOffice 3 files, or RTF files saved from any word processor.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform. And with Bookends, you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
- Library of Congress
- and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with PDF’s and/or Web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed, you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attachment features:
- Attach any file (such as a PDF) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
- Automatically rename and organize PDF files on-the-fly.
- Automatically download and attach the PDF of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
- Automatically locate and attach PDF’s on your hard drive.
Sync your library with Bookends On Tap on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, so that you have your references and PDF’s with you, wherever you are.
Note: Bookends 12.x is a paid upgrade for owners of Bookends 11 and earlier and requires a new serial number. It is free for anyone who bought or upgraded to Bookends 11 on or after January 1, 2013. The upgrade price for a single license is $29 for those who bought Bookends before January 1, 2013.
- Bookends will find many more PDF attachments for references in EndNote XML files exported from Sente.
- Title words beginning one or two spaces after a semicolon or period will be capitalized when Title Case is used, even if they're on the exclude list.
- Library of Congress and Google Scholar searches were updated to work around changes made by those services.
- If a format calls for the last two digits of the second page in a page range be output, a leading 0 will be ignored.
- The right-click contextual menu in the group pane has an option to rename the selected group.
- Bug fixes.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later