BombSquad Grab some friends, your Mac, a few iPhones for controllers, and get your party-game on! Who needs consoles?!
Winner: “Best Multiplayer Game” – oneclickmac.com’s “Top Mac App Store Games of 2011”.
Take on the computer alone or with friends in campaign mode, or challenge said friends to a tournament of mini-games including Capture-the-Flag, King-of-the-Hill, Bomber-Hockey, and of course Epic-Slow-Motion-Elimination.
Laugh gleefully as you land a perfectly-thrown sticky-bomb squarely on an opponent’s face, or freeze them with an ice bomb and shatter them to bits with a punch; BombSquad’s rag doll physics based gameplay ensures that every confrontation leads to a unique (and often hilarious) outcome.
Up to 8 players can get in on the action on a single Mac through BombSquad’s support of keyboards, USB gamepads, Wiimotes, PS3 controllers, and XBox 360 controllers. You can even use iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads as controllers via ‘BombSquad Remote’, a free app available on the iOS App Store.
- Completely revamped the controller configuration process. It is now flexible enough to support the most obscure controller types, and smart enough to auto-configure your controller if someone in the world already has done so.
- Added a ready-set-go countdown at the start of races
- Contact-bombs are no longer set off by flags in games such as king-of-the-hill or conquest
- Powerup boxes no longer get launched in the air if they pop up on top of a bomb you're holding
- Reworked the graphics settings panel
- Various speed improvements in the graphics and physics engines
- Fixed a rare iCloud-related crash
- Minor bug fixes
- Dropped max mines back to 3
OS X 10.7.4 or later, 64-bit processor