BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Mac. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides a plethora of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. BBEdit transforms text with high performance.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best of class features including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Perl, and OS X Unix scripting support, glossary support, and a complete set of HTML tools.
- Multi-line PHP arrays now get fold indicators when appropriate.
- PHP function return type hints will no longer confuse the function scanner.
- Fixed a bug in which errors returned by the Unix script invoked from a "Run Unix Script" text factory action (whew) would usually crash the application.
- Worked around a crash which would occur when starting up after an OS update or reinstall damaged certain system-wide components.
- Fixed bug in which the desired default formatting for video tags was not applied by the "Pretty Print" formatting option.
- Made a change to work around an OS performance problem that would slow application startup in some situations.
- Fixed a bug in which the "Open File in BBEdit" service would inappropriately refuse to do so.
- Made a change so that Live Search usage and "Find Next Occurrence of " no longer alter the "Case sensitive" or "Entire word" settings in the Find window.
- Made a change to improve error reporting in cases where a codeless language module is structurally malformed in a way that prevents it from loading (i.e., a plist with a syntax error).
- When a managed license is in use, the "License" menu command is now hidden.
- Fixed bug in which "Open Counterpart" wouldn't correctly switch between multiple eligible files in some situations.
- PHP superglobal names are now colored using the "predefined symbols" color.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when closing a document that was being used solely by a Differences window. (This would usually happen when the document was open separately in the front window, and then "Close All Documents" was done.)
OS X 10.9.5 or later