BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Mac. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides a plethora of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. BBEdit transforms text with high performance.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best of class features including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Perl, and OS X Unix scripting support, glossary support, and a complete set of HTML tools.
- Rewrote the printing innards for live preview windows, so that the printed output is closer to expectations.
- Fixed bug in which progress dialogs would leak memory.
- Fixed memory leak in the innards of the font system.
- Made changes to significantly improve performance when generating syntax-coloring information for extremely large files (SQL dumps being a good example of same).
- Fixed a performance bug when scrolling in text views with extremely long lines and the Line Numbers bar visible.
- Made a change to the Open File by Name search logic so that it doesn't search system headers and frameworks unless the search cache is backed by an Xcode project.
- Fixed bug in which data structures backing the Scripts menu (and other similar folder-backed menus) were not properly released when the menu was refreshed, leading to creeping memory use.
- Fixed a memory leak in SFTP process cleanup.
Intel, OS X 10.6.8 or later