Bartender lets you organize your menu-bar apps by hiding them, rearranging them, or moving them to Bartender’s Bar. You can display the full menu bar, set options to have menu-bar items show in the menu bar when they have updated, or have them always visible in Bartender’s Bar.
- Lets you tidy your menu-bar apps how you want.
- See your menu-bar apps when you want.
- Hide the apps you need to run, but do not need to see.
- Have the clean looking menu bar you want.
- Rearrange your menu-bar items as you wish.
New or Improved
- Completely rewritten for modern macOS - Bartender 3 has been completely rewritten from the ground up in Swift using best practices to work with modern macOS, it also paves the way for many new features we have planned. The biggest change is we no longer require a helper to be installed in menu item apps to control them. This means we no longer do anything that SIP (System Integrity Protection) is interested in and can work with any menu bar app including those with increased security (Such as Apple System items). What this does now mean though is that Bartender is no longer able to display the Bartender Bar beneath the menu bar but instead displayed it in the main menu bar removing normally shown items to display the Bartender Bar items.
- macOS High Sierra Compatibility - Full macOS High Sierra compatibility. We did consider calling it High Bartender but thought better of it.
- iStat Menus Individual item control - We love iStat Menus, and now Bartender 3 can control iStat menus items individually.
- Multiscreen issues - With previous versions there was a bug that would effect setups with multiple screens (items out of position, showing as not working, slow transitions), this should now be fixed. We recommend restarting macOS after updating if you use multiple screens.
- AppleConnect menu item not controllable - This now works.
- Menu item positioning - Some users have been experiencing items not keeping their position (especially AirPlay Display), this version should improve on this, if not totally fix it, we are still working on getting this spot on.
- Search not searching all items - Search would only search items with settings, this has been fixed.
- Search not displaying correctly - When Bartenders menu item was hidden the search menu would not display correctly, this has been fixed.
- About window showing trial info after licensing - The about window would show trial information after a license was applied. This has been fixed.
- Not able to change System Item Settings in Preferences - Version 3.0.9 could not change the preferences of System items. This is fixed.
- Show for updates issues - A number of bugs when showing for updates have been fixed, this should be a lot better.
- Quit Button in Preferences - Previously if you have the Bartender menu item hidden, you could not quit Bartender, we added in a Quit button to the About Preferences tab.
- Items showing for updates on space change - Items should no longer show for updates on a space change.
- In Preferences some menu items would sometimes show in Apps with Settings instead of Active Menu Bar Items - This has been fixed.
OS X 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor