Banktivity (was iBank) is a new standard for Mac money management. With its intuitive user interface and a full set of money-management features, Banktivity is the most complete software available for Mac personal finance. It lets you enter and edit your transactions with ease, pay bills online and on time, download your online account data, reconcile your statements, and track your investments with versatile and robust tools.
In Banktivity, it’s simple to split, schedule or categorize transactions. With a couple of clicks, you’ll be able to create powerful, dynamic reports using Banktivity’s flexible templates (Income and Expense, Net Worth, Forecast, and more). And Banktivity’s new envelope budgeting feature helps tailor your spending while building savings.
Dark Mode for Mojave:
- Apple has set up a pretty predictable launch schedule with its new versions of macOS and iOS. It goes like this: in June at the World Wide Developers Conference Apple gives us a preview of the new features that are coming. Then we have about three months to adopt any of the new features in the operating systems and make sure our apps don’t just break with the new versions.
- When we saw Dark Mode in Mojave, we knew we wanted to support it. Dark Mode is great for so many different uses on your Mac and for many people here at IGG it has become their preferred work environment.
- We like to support the most recent macOS versions as soon as we are able and I’m thrilled that this year we don’t just support it, but can wholeheartedly embrace it with Dark Mode. This wasn’t a small undertaking, we put a lot of resources into looking at every screen and restructuring how we bundle our visual assets in the app. The rewards for this hard work have been great. Check out how nice Banktivity 7 looks in Dark Mode on Mojave
Real Estate Tracking:
- It is true that you’ve always been able to track the value of your home or other real estate properties in Banktivity, but it has never been a great solution. In the past, you had to add an asset account and manually adjust the value of your home asset to what you think it might be. This approach has always left a lot to be desired. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the value of your home automatically calculated? And wouldn’t it be nice if you could easily see how much equity you have in your home after you factor in any mortgages or lines of credit? Well, now you can in Banktivity 7.
- For Banktivity 7 we’ve integrated Zillow’s estimating capabilities right into Banktivity. We’ve also designed an entirely new real estate view when you are looking at a home in Banktivity 7. Further, you can now link your real estate accounts with the loans associated with them and see a more complete picture of your properties all in one place.
- For the real estate view, there is no reconcile or search as they never really made sense for assets like a home. Instead, you get a simplified register view to show your "transactions." On the right we show you the value of your home as recorded in Banktivity and the value of your home according to Zillow. You can click "Record It" to enter a transaction that will bring up the value of your home to match Zillow. Two things to note: 1) pulling of prices for Zillow is tied to your Direct Access subscription and 2) Zillow currently only supports homes in the United States. So if you aren’t a Direct Access subscriber and you have one or more properties in the United States, it might be time to reconsider
- For many years our customers have been requesting a calendar view in Banktivity. They want a place to see their past and upcoming transactions as it relates to a calendar. I’m happy to announce that Banktivity finally has a calendar view!
- Our new calendar view shows your posted transactions and upcoming scheduled transactions. It also calculates a running composite balance and a summary of how your investments have performed each week. The calendar is interactive too. You can click on transactions to see them in their account. For unposted scheduled transactions, you can click them and then take action on them by either posting them, skipping them, printing a check or paying online. You can also configure the calendar to only include the accounts you are interested in.
User Requested Features:
- Stock lot selection. When you sell securities you can choose which lots to sell from, or use the FIFO default
- Search Everywhere. Now you can search your payees, categories, accounts, securities and tags.
- Improved Reconciling. We made some great improvements to reconciling. You can choose to have Banktivity auto-reconcile all transactions, no transactions or just the cleared transactions. We also added search to the reconcile sheet and it remembers the last size you left it at. Last but not least, we made the button to create a statement more obvious!
- Customize the Summary View. You can now choose which accounts you want to be reflected in the summary view. You have options for the accounts used for your net worth, and for the income and spending calculations you can customize the accounts and categories.
- Create Reports Based on Reconciled Status. This is a small "nice touch" but for many people, it will be very welcome. In the past, there was no way to find all of your uncleared or unreconciled transactions across all of your accounts. Now you can make a transaction report that does just that.
- Faster Direct Access. Get your transactions into Banktivity faster.
- New Account Types. We’ve added a bunch more account types and you can even change account types after an account has been created, within reason. For example, you can’t change an investment account to a checking account, but you can change an investment account to a 401k.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor