AutoCAD is a fully-featured OS X CAD solution specially made for 2D and 3D computer-aided design and drafting, that is used across a wide range of industries from designers, architects, engineers, project managers, and other professionals.
Comprehensive CAD app for professionals
Beside having a customizable and user-oriented interface, AutoCAD also enables you to take advantage of Apple’s Trackpad capabilities and the full-screen mode. Thanks to AutoCAD, you can easily edit and save files in the DWG format, a fact that allows you to use your files on other platforms besides OS X.
In other words, with AutoCAD’s help you can deliver stunning designs, improve your documentation work by using the built-in productivity tools and share your work thanks to the TrustedDWG technology.
AutoCAD also comes with 3D design and 2D drafting tools and allows you to access and synchronize your CAD files from your Mac with files in the cloud. Hence, you can always gain access to the most up-to-date versions of your drawings using the A360 and mobile app together with your desktop app.
Take advantage of the reliable and powerful design and drafting tools
Moreover, AutoCAD’s Package Drawing helps you to effortlessly collect files into a compressed folder for faster and safer sharing. In addition, you can use the capture the precise details of your design using AutoCAD’s professional documentation tools.
As an added advantage, you can also easily import models from various formats and let AutoCAD to automatically generate CAD documentation.
What is more, AutoCAD helps you access online maps directly from within your canvas and capture them as a static image ready for print. At the same time, Reality computing enables you to work with point cloud data that includes geolocation and the ability to display colors by elevation.
Helps you increase your productivity and streamline your workflow
Between the numerous tools and features provided by AutoCAD you can also find the powerful Surface Curve Extraction tool, Context-sensitive PressPull tool, 3D free-from design tools, Surface analysis, 3D associative array and more.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a powerful, versatile and reliable CAD application packed with state of the art tools and features, then AutoCAD is the app for you.
Feature EnhancementsNew Feature Highlight:
- Highlight indicator for what's changed on the interface, and new style tooltips.
- Welcome screen Learn page now lists new enhancements additional to the videos.
- "Always default to previous plot settings" option added in the Plot dialog.
- "Save as PDF" button added in the Plot dialog.
- Plot preview PDF file now shows a meaningful name.
- Multiple layouts can be assigned to same page setup easily in the Quick View dialog.
- Easy access for Plot/Page Setup added in Layout tab right-click menu.
- Added button "Open the PDF file..." in the "Plot and Publish Job Completed" window.
- Drag a file to canvas to attach/insert it.
- Supported file formats: dwg, dxf, pdf, lsp and all supported image formats.
- Purge all now will automatically remove unwanted objects in nested objects.
- Purge all now will purge orphaned data, i.e. DGN linetypes.
- Added "Settings" option in Purge command to turn on/off the changes above.
- Content palette will be switched to current when adding a block to a content library.
- Crash randomly on French version on Macbook with Touchbar.
- Crash when open/save some drawings.
- Crash when plot if custom paper on the machine is corrupted.
- Crash when publish some drawings.
- Crash at launch in some particular situations.
- Crash when change license type in some situation.
- Crash when using the AliasEditor in some situation.
- Slow startup in some scenarios.
- Text with a few TrueType fonts cannot display in the plotted PDF.
- Publish to PDF shows wrong offsets while plot result is good.
- Plot to PDF file path is not remembered.
- Edit Page Setup will 100% inherit the current applied paper size.
- Cannot add more than 10 custom commands in CUI.
- Right click a layout in the Quick View will no longer switch current layouts.
- Cannot combine layers if the layer name has special characters.
- Previous issues fixed in 2018.0.1 Hotfix
- Newly added menu will be lost after relaunch AutoCAD.
- Some custom commands cannot be added to the Tool Sets panel.
- LT: dynamic input mode is always on after relaunch AutoCAD.
- LT: holding shift to switch ortho mode is broken.
- Layer display settings dropdown menu does not show in secondary monitor.
- Random crashes when save a drawing or autosave a drawing.
- Hangs on creating new page setup.
- Hangs on set the configuration of a shared physical printer.
- Crashes when working in the reference manager palette.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor