From the outset, ArchiCAD was developed specifically to address the architect’s desire for great design without compromising on practical needs. GraphiSoft ArchiCAD’s innovative BIM (building information model) solution helps you win more business while letting you concentrate on your core skill – creating inspiring designs.
ArchiCAD 21 is now faster than ever! No more waiting for views to load. GraphiSoft has extended its robust 64- bit and multi-processing technologies with background processing — an industry first for BIM. So ArchiCAD now offers lightning-fast response times and this turbo-charged update to ArchiCAD makes it the undisputed speed leader in the BIM business.
Various Enhancements And Fixes:
- 230743 BIMcloud: automatic email notification about available licenses was ON by default.
- 229994 CRASH: A large number of point cloud objects caused ARCHICAD to crash in the 3D Window.
- 229639 DOCUMENT: It was not possible to filter out Doors/Windows and Skylights from the Material List in Component Schedules. The material of these elements appeared as Dotted Lines in the Schedule.
- 230110 EDIT: Door/Window Oversize changes didn't apply on Section/Elevation Views.
- 228570 EDIT: Drag command did not work on Views in Layout when clicking on Drawing's subelement Fill's hole edge/corner.
- 229252 EDIT/FAVORITE: Applying a Door/Window Favorite did not apply its Sill Height.
- 229250 EDIT/FAVORITE: Position and Structural Function category was not saved along with the Favorites.
- 228038 EDIT/USER INTERFACE: Stair Favorite preview went wrong after selecting the stair symbol parameter set.
- 229769 FILE/3DS/IMPORT: Prism panels moved away from each other, when the 2D view was not on their Home Story and their originating curves were changed in Rhino.
- 214001 FILE/BCF/EXPORT: Exporting a BCF file with rotated orientation would result in a wrong camera position in other applications.
- 230733 FILE/BIMx: Once a password was set for a BIMx publisher set, it could not be removed.
- 230058 FILE/BIMx/EXPORT: BIMx Hyper-model export could take significantly longer if Categories and Properties were included as the Info Set.
- 230465 FILE/EXCEL/EXPORT: From Schedules, decimals in superscript could export as wholes into Excel.
- 230043 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: IfcTypes didn’t work for Pipe Segments and Cable Carrier Segments.
- 228613 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: In certain cases some Walls were missing from the exported IFC.
- 226620 FILE/IFC/EXPORT: Some elements could go missing in the exported IFC file if they originated from an IFC file as well.
- 229954 FILE/IFC/EXPORT/CRASH: ARCHICAD 21 could crash when saving IFC file with wrong Type Mapping.
- 211307 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: Importing an IFC file could result in an empty ARCHICAD project in certain cases, even though the IFC file could be displayed in other IFC viewer applications.
- 229463 FILE/IFC/OPEN: It was not possible to open/merge a certain IFC file.
- 228064 FILE/MODEL/CRASH: Temporary files created from Point Clouds highly decreased the free space of the hard drive, which led ARCHICAD to crash.
- 228760 FILE/OPEN: Missing Cadimage Add-on data could not be deleted from a project by unticking the "Keep Data" checkbox upon opening the ARHICAD file.
- 220050 FILE/OPEN/CRASH: ARCHICAD could crash at startup if the last used User Profile contained the IFC Manager palette opened.
- 229701 GDL: Manual Texture mapping (eg. with TEVE commands) could fail if the Object was mirrored.
- 228045 GOODIES: Check for Duplicates add-on identified non-duplicated Morph elements as duplicates.
- 167412 GOODIES: Construction Simulation: If Caption object was used for the movie, it was displayed in wrong scale.
- 214520 HOTLINK: MOD file saved and imported with ""Add displayed Elements of other Stories"" option turned on worked differently with particular elements.
- 227066 MODEL: 3D styles were not always applied when choosing them via right click from the touchpad.
- 210355 MODEL: The Guide Line was missing when placing the first item with Routing in MEP.
- 164862 MODEL: When opening a Detail placed on an Independent Section the Renovation Palette was not active.
- 228712 MODEL/CRASH: If a Section/Elevation had a deleted element which was still present due to the Manual Update setting of the View, ARCHICAD crashed once a containing Curtain Wall was edited.
- 230256 MODEL/CRASH: In certain files, regular crashes could be experienced when opening files or when using the Marquee.
- 228459 MODEL/FREEZE: ARCHICAD could perform slow in case the project was open for a long time and the Cutting Plane was continuously turned on.
- 228006 MODEL/FREEZE: Generating 3D model could not be finished, ARCHICAD consumed all the memory if connection of model elements contained lots of polygons.
- 228454 MODEL/REBUILD: If a View in Navigator was rebuilt, it used the currently active corresponding viewpoints scale.
- 228030 MODEL/USER INTERFACE: Faulty background image textures caused the background image to appear in front of the Model.
- 215006 MODEL/USER INTERFACE: On a Worksheet with Far from Origin content, display problems could occur while zooming.
- 230732 TEAMWORK: Teamwork Errors could happen when new elements were created with copying them.
- 212747 TEAMWORK/BIM Server/BIMcloud: Teamwork pop-up messages containing a request handled via the Teamwork Palette did not disappear, thus blocking from view of the user later messages.
- 230368 USER INTERFACE: For Ultra High Definition (4K) screens, mouse cursor appeared small inside ARCHICAD in Windows 10 with Display Scaling enabled.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor