Araxis Merge is the two- and three-way visual file comparison/merging and folder synchronization application. Use it to compare, understand and combine different versions of source code, Web pages and other text files, or even text copied and pasted from another application (e.g., Pages or Microsoft Word). Merge integrates with Time Machine, so you can compare older versions of files.
Merge is a compelling choice for software developers, lawyers, product release managers, Web designers and other professionals who work with multiple revisions of text files, including ASCII, MBCS and Unicode files. Merge integrates with many version control (VC) and software configuration management (SCM) systems (e.g. Subversion and Perforce) that allow a third-party comparison/merging tool to be specified.
For legal professionals: instantly identify every change by copying text from different contract drafts being edited in another application (such as Microsoft Word) and pasting it directly into a file comparison window. Many more features.
- A single installation disk-image download covers all supported versions of macOS and OS X. Previously, each version of the operating system required its own separate Merge download.
- Merge is now able to compare corresponding numeric values within text files and, if desired, treat them as identical if they are within a certain tolerance of one another. One potential use for this is when comparing the output of numerical control (NC) code files from CNC machine tools.
- It is once again possible to create, edit, and delete text comparison Expressions via AppleScript. (This capability was temporarily removed following the enhancement to allow an unlimited number of expressions to be defined.) A sample script, Sample Scripts/17 Set up a regular expression preference.scpt, is provided in the Merge installation disk-image.
- The SCM-tool paths on the SCM preferences page have been given sensible default values.
- A count of unchanged files has been added to the status bar of folder comparisons.
- In folder comparisons, the Previous Conflict and Next Conflict toolbar buttons and equivalent menu items are now disabled or enabled as appropriate.
- Support for three additional UTF-32 character encodings has been added (UTF-32 little endian with a byte-order mark, and UTF-32 big endian with and without a byte-order mark). This in addition to the existing support for UTF-32 little endian without a byte-order mark.
- Scroll positions are now preserved when swapping panes in a text comparison.
- The Merge major version has been updated to 2018, to reflect the year of release.
macOS 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor