iPhoto ’11 gets a new look with stunning full-screen views for Events, Faces, Places, and Albums that let you take advantage of every inch of your Mac display. iPhoto also offers new ways to share and showcase your photos. You can upload your photos to your Facebook Wall and even view friends‘ comments right in iPhoto. Turn your email into something really special with ten Apple-designed photo mail templates. iPhoto ’11 works with Photo Stream, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos with other people. Add movement and music to your photos with one of 12 dynamic slideshow themes. iPhoto ’11 introduces a new way to create professional-quality photo books quickly and easily. And new letterpress cards let you combine your photos and text with elegant imprinted designs.
•View and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
•Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices
•Subscribe to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
•View and add comments and “likes” to photos in any shared stream
New full-screen modes
• Events automatically organizes photos based on when you took them
• Faces uses face detection and recognition to organize photos by people
• Places displays your photos on an interactive map
• Albums organizes your favorite pictures in iPad-style photo stacks
• Bookshelf displays all your book, card, and calendar projects
• Albums view displays all your Facebook photo albums
• View friends‘ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Post to existing Facebook photo albums and to your Wall with a comment
• Facebook sharing history
• Support for multiple accounts
• Ten Apple-designed themes, including Announcement, Cardstock, and Postcard
• Support for all popular mail services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Six new themes (12 total), including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Big leap in photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• “Bird‘s-eye” All Pages view
• Smarter Autoflow with date/time, ratings, and face detection
• Two-page, full-bleed spreads
• Beautiful, debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
THIS IS PRE-RELEASE, TIME-LIMITED SOFTWARE MEANT FOR EVALUATION AND DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS SOFTWARE SHOULD NOT BE USED IN A COMMERCIAL OPERATING ENVIRONMENT OR WITH IMPORTANT DATA.
BEFORE INSTALLING THIS APPLE SOFTWARE, YOU SHOULD BACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA AND REGULARLY BACK UP DATA
WHILE USING THIS APPLE SOFTWARE.
iPHOTO DEVELOPER PREVIEW OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5 includes a pre-release version of iPhoto
- Opening your Photo Library with this pre-release version of iPhoto will permanently upgrade it and make it incompatible with current versions of iPhoto and Aperture.
- This pre-release version of iPhoto will only upgrade libraries from iPhoto version 8.x and later.
- Photos with GPS locations will be marked with pins on the map in Places. However, searching for locations using the Places map may return only partial results, or may not display any results.
- The Help system is not fully enabled. Searches using the Help Center will return limited results.
- Localization is not yet complete, so some text may not be displayed correctly in certain languages.
- Photo Stream updates will not be registered to your Mac after installing OS X Developer Preview 5. To enable Photo Stream, you can either restart your Mac or launch iPhoto with the library connected to the Photo Stream.
- Make sure all photos that appear in My Photo Stream have been imported into your iPhoto Library before using this pre-release version of iPhoto.
- Attempting to use My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Sharing with current versions of iPhoto and Aperture after using these features with this pre-release version of iPhoto may cause some streamed photos or data to be displayed incorrectly. Disabling and re-enabling Photo Stream on your Mac will resolve the issue.
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
iPhoto version 8.x and later