App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it — when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don’t waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis — liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
- Compatible with the beta release of macOS 11.0 Big Sur.
- High-CPU-usage warnings will not be displayed when Do Not Disturb is turned on in Notification Center.
- App Tamer will no longer allow you to stop BetterTouchTool, and displays a warning if you try to it slow down because that's a bad idea.
- When you click on a system process, the settings popup will show a small "Info" icon if the system provides a description of what that process does. Click on the Info icon to get more insight into what processes like iconservicesagent, WindowServer, launchservicesd, etc do on your system.
- App Tamer's process list now just toggles between showing "highest CPU processes" and "all running processes", rather than providing three different views. The button that switches between these modes is now titled "Include / exclude essential system processes" to make the contents of the lists clearer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the main window to display incorrectly when set to Dark Mode in App Tamer's preferences.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor