App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it — when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don’t waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis — liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
- Added an option to keep App Tamer's window floating above other windows when it's torn from the menu bar.
- Worked around a bug in Mojave that prevented App Tamer from waking background apps when you used a scroll wheel or gesture to scroll their windows without bringing them to the front.
- Improved keyboard traversal of the process lists in App Tamer's window, enabling type-to-select and selection using the arrow keys.
- Fixed a bug that could result in App Tamer not keeping Safari awake while it was downloading a file.
- Corrected some UI glitches that occurred when the process list updated while you were using it.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor