App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it — when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don’t waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis — liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
- Resolved a problem with App Tamer progressively using more and more RAM when run for long periods of time.
- App Tamer's total run time, amount of CPU saved and the number of apps it has automatically quit are now shown in the Stats tab of its preferences.
- Localized application names are shown in the process list when they are available.
- The sorting of the Managed Processes list will no longer get confused when the mouse is over the list when it refreshes.
- Corrected problems with the menu button in the lower right corner of App Tamer's window becoming unresponsive under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused App Tamer to crash on macOS 10.8 and 10.9.
- Improved VoiceOver support.
OS X 10.7 or later