AKVIS Points lets you transform your photos into paintings using the pointillist painting technique.
Pointillism is a painting technique is characterized by brush strokes applied as dots or spots. This style is an offshoot of Impressionism. A complex tone is decomposed into individual colors, shown in dotted lines as canvas, paint touches of pure colors. The optical mixture of these points gives the visual perception of an entire painting.
This is exactly what happens on a computer screen that reproduces an image: the pixels are as dots in pointillist paintings.
The software provides a number of presets ready to use. You can save your favorite settings as presets and use them in the future.
The program offers the choice between a flat background and a rough surface that makes the result even more surprising and amazing. You can add a signature painting, an inscription, logo or watermark to protect copyright.
The software supports batch processing to automatically convert a series of images in paintings with the same effect settings. This feature is very useful when to create a lot of illustrations in the same style for a blog or a brochure or to create comics or cartoons with the technique of pointillism.
Updated Texture Library
- The Texture Library in the Frame tab has been revised and updated! It offers an impressive array of new high quality textures and patterns divided into different subject categories including Holidays, Nature, Post Stamps, etc.
- The Pattern Frame includes two additional categories: Stars and Ornaments & Doodles.
- Experiment with the settings and make the same image look completely different!
Random Patterns Frame
- The new Random Patterns feature in the Pattern frame allows you to mix up to 20 patterns in one frame. Using the Random Seed setting, you can create multiple pattern mixes by mouse click.
- The user interface has undergone several improvements. The check-boxes in the Frame tab have been replaced with new easily operated icons.
- The enabled tools in the Toolbar are now marked with color to make it easier to distinguish between the enabled/disabled states.
Also in the new version:
- added support for more RAW files in the standalone version;
- improved the brightness increasing algorithm for patterns and textures;
- fixed minor bugs.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor