Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
- Critical Bug Fix: An issue where connections to Apple TVs running tvOS 10 would drop after approximately four minutes has been corrected.
- Critical Bug Fix: The erroneous “No buffer space available” (55 ENOBUFS) message which could appear on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) has been banished.
- Enhancement: Airfoil now better detects speakers that have disappeared from the network.
- Bug Fix: A problem where album artwork could wrongly appear pixelated has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Airfoil now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
- [Major Enhancement] Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.3, with improvements to audio capture from VMWare Fusion, FaceTime, and Flash running in Safari.
- [Enhancement] Further improvements to Airfoil's audio capture backend have been made. As in version 5.6, users shouldn't notice any major changes.
- [Bug Fix] An audio synchronization problem which could occur when Airfoil Satellite receives audio from iTunes has been corrected.
- [Bug Fix] A rare bug where partial network packets would break the RTSP connection has been fixed.
- [Other] Many other small improvements, enhancements, and fixes have been made.
- Airfoil now requires OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor