Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
- Critical Bug Fix: An issue where connections to Apple TVs running tvOS 10 would drop after approximately four minutes has been corrected.
- Critical Bug Fix: The erroneous “No buffer space available” (55 ENOBUFS) message which could appear on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) has been banished.
- Enhancement: Airfoil now better detects speakers that have disappeared from the network.
- Bug Fix: A problem where album artwork could wrongly appear pixelated has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Airfoil now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
- [Major Enhancement] Initial support for Google's new Chromecast Ultra device. Further updates may be forthcoming.
- [Bug Fix] Airfoil Satellite's AppleScript now correctly reports metadata when receiving audio from iTunes or iOS devices.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor