Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
- Airfoil now has full support for Airfoil Remote - control Airfoil from any iOS device, with Airfoil Remote.
- Last.fm and Radium 3 are both now supported for enhanced metadata and remote control.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.3, fixing several small issues including one related to the Amarra iTunes plug-in.
- Airfoil now requires OS X 10.7 (Lion) or OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) support is still to come. If you're still on 10.6 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page.
- Airfoil and Airfoil Speakers are both now 64-bit. At this time, Airfoil Video Player is not.
- The Equalizer now has labels on its sliders, which can be double-clicked to reset to the default value.
- Password authorization now works with Shairport4W. Working with undocumented protocols can be difficult.
- Airfoil Speakers now has a better memory on OS X 10.8. When you relaunch it, it will now remember if it was previously visible or not. Its memory on other versions of Mac OS X was always fine.
- The unlicensed noise alert now appears on the screen even when Airfoil is in menu bar only mode. But you'll never see that, because you've no doubt purchased this fabulous app.
- A bug where Airfoil could disconnect when the operating system network buffers were full has been corrected.
- An issue where only one sync adjustment slider was enabled, even with multiple speakers, has been fixed.
- The preference for installing updates automatically is now on by default. The user is shown this the first time, however, and has a chance to turn it off.
- A bug where Airfoil Video Player audio stopped when scrolling in a web page is no more.
- A bug where some older Airfoil for Windows license keys would not unlock Airfoil Speakers has been corrected.
- A rare Airfoil Speakers crash is now so rare, it doesn't exist.
- Several other small bugs have been fixed.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later