Adobe InCopy CC 2017, ideal for large team projects involving both written copy and design work, provides copywriters and editors with a powerful tool to style text, collaborate through track changes, and make simple layout modifications that integrate effortlessly with InDesign.
Version 18.104.22.168 (2017):
- Footnotes that span columns - Now, while working with a multi-column text frame, you have the option to insert a footnote that spans across multiple columns. Select the Span Footnotes Across Columns option in the Document Footnote Options to enable this feature. Based on the selection, this option makes all the footnotes in the document either span across the columns or revert to the original behavior. The option to span footnotes across columns is enabled by default for a new document created in InCopy CC 2017. However, the option is disabled by default for an existing document created in an earlier version.
- OpenType enhancements
- In-context menu for text frame selection - Apply OpenType properties to more than just one character. Now, when you select a text frame or text in a text frame, InCopy identifies the applicable OpenType properties for the selected text and provides an option to apply them.
- In-context support for Ordinals and Ligatures - The support for in-context menu, which was earlier available for Alternates and Fractions, is now extended to Ordinals and Ligatures (discretionary/standard). So now, when you select 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and so on, InCopy automatically suggests applying the Ordinal property to it. The ordinals are restricted to the English ordinals as of now. Also, if you select ‘st’ from the word Start and a discretionary ligature exists for the characters, InCopy suggests that you apply that property. The same is applicable for standard ligatures.
- Stylistic sets - OpenType fonts usually have some Stylistic sets in them. InCopy display these stylistic sets as Set 1, Set 2, and so on. It is hard to figure out from the name what kind of stylistic set this may be. With this feature, the name of the stylistic set provided by the Font Developer is leveraged and shown at various places in InCopy wherever they are referenced.
- Hyperlinks panel performance - In previous versions of InCopy, if your document included many hyperlinks connected to the hyperlinks panel, it used to load slowly. With this release, the Hyperlinks panel loads much more quickly and gives much improved performance over previous versions.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor